Based on a review of the data from the past two years, continued goals for the district are as follows:
- Improve reading for all students
- Improve math for all students
- Improve graduation rate
The district will continue to provide support in meeting these goals through the following planned improvement activities:
- Provide support for school improvement planning for all schools through a district school improvement review process
- Assist all schools with supplemental education services [after school tutoring program]
- Follow through with the district strategic plan goals
- Provide support for differentiated instruction to meet the needs of specific subgroup populations
- Review and discuss Response to Intervention [RTI] with all administrators and teachers to begin addressing student learning and behavioral needs through intervention [PBIS and intervention tools]
- Continue to provide literacy coaches at all levels and math coaches at the middle school level to support content instruction in the classroom
- Implement intervention programs for all identified students.
- Work with administrators to monitor progress of all students, specifically those noted in the bottom 20% at the beginning of the school year.
- Use supplemental and intervention programs for students identified in the bottom 20% as determined by the DIBELS screening assessment; monitor the progress of these students.
- Continue to support and monitor English language learners to support growth in English as well as academic growth